Amazing Benefits of Drinking Warm Water November 04 2015
The healthy internal temperature of a human is 37 degrees celsius. In traditional chinese medicine, drinking fluids less than 37 degrees celsius leads us towards unwanted symptoms, pain and chronic disease. With that in mind, here are the benefits of drinking warm or hot water:
- Promotes a smooth and healthy blood circulation
- Regulates a healthy body temperature
- Preserves energy within our bodies
- Controls appetite and improves digestion
- Maintains hydration levels of our organs
We are comprised of about 60% water. Our body needs a constant flow of water in order to function efficiently. We need water to breathe: our lungs must be moist in order to take in oxygen and excrete carbon dioxide. If we don’t consume enough water, we are directly affecting every aspect of our physiology. Most adults should aim to drink 1L of water for every 50lbs of body weight. If you’re more active, or live in a hotter climate, you should be drinking more. Staying hydrated will impact our skin, immunity, and constant state of well being!
Lemon + Lime Detox Water
- 1 lemon
- 3 limes
- water (warm or room temperature)
- Slice the lemon and lime, and add to a pitcher or jug. Top up with water, and enjoy!