DIY Spring Detox Face Mask May 22 2015
Spring is finally in the air! The breeze is getting warmer, the streets are greener and our smiles are larger. With the changing of seasons, we find Spring tends to be a bit rough on our skin; it's a very detoxifying season and our body is naturally trying to shed all our winter build up. For a lot of our clients, this is being shown through their skin - as skin is the largest organ and releases toxins to the surface. To combat this, we've come up with an easy DIY Spring detoxifying face mask recipe you can try out at home!
1 organic fresh pineapple, cored and skin removed
local organic honey
plain organic yogurt
1. Blend the pineapple until it's a smooth puree. Put 1-2 tbsp in a small bowl.
*We recommend pouring the leftover pineapple into ice cube trays and placing the trays in the freezer for future mask use. When you want to do a face mask with the frozen pineapple cube, simply remove one and left it thaw at room temperature before applying*
2. Add in 1-2 tbsp of plain yogurt and a few drops of local organic honey.
3. Mix until all ingredients are blended together.
4. Apply in even amounts all over your face - if you have some left over, apply to your neck, chest, or anywhere else on the body. Don't let it go to waste!
5. Allow it to sit on your skin for at least 15 minutes before washing off.
It's best to exfoliate prior to doing face masks, as the mask is able to penetrate deeper and work more effectively.