Recipe | Healthy Pumpkin Pie Squares October 09 2015
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Squares
Thanksgiving is all about spending time with loved ones, taking a moment to be grateful, and of course about enjoying the season's harvest. The pumpkin pie at the end of the meal is one of the things I most look forward to each year, and as much of a traditionalist as I am when it comes to the perfectly classic pumpkin pie, this healthier (yet just as delicious) vegan pumpkin pie square recipe from 'Oh She Glows' is an amazing option. Indulging while still being able to avoid some of the most common allergens is a bonus, especially if you have various guests with several dietary needs to accomodate for. There is no wheat, gluten, dairy, or eggs included in this recipe.
Try 'em out!
Yields 9 large squares, prep time 20 minutes, cook time 45 minutes
- 2 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar syrup (or brown rice syrup)
For the Pumpkin Filling:
- 1 (14-ounce/400mL) can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup natural cane sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (use only the white cream portion)
- 1.5 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch fine grain sea salt
Have a Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!
*Click the photo to view it's source; images via OhSheGlows