How and Why you Should Start Dry Brushing November 18 2015
As the body’s largest organ, your skin takes on the task of getting rid of toxins, but it can always do with a helping hand. Dry brushing every morning before you jump in the shower gets the blood flowing, helps you detoxify and makes your skin feel great. It can also add a healthy glow.
Here’s how we like to do it, step-by-step:
- Start brushing from the feet and upwards along the legs in long, smooth strokes. For lymph flow, I always brush toward the heart/chest area where the lymph system drains
- Repeat the same process with the arms, starting with the palms of the hands and brushing up the arm toward the heart.
- I then repeat the process on my abdomen and back and my face with a more delicate brush.
Gentle is best! A soft and smooth stroke is the way to go. Don't brush so far as to create redness or irritation.
Click here for a quick video on Dry Brushing Technique!
Some of the benefits you can expect from dry brushing include the following:
- Stimulate Lymphatic System
- Increase Circulation
- Reduce Cellulite
- Stress Relief
- Improve Digestion and Kidney Function
We suggest lathering up in some oil or natural moisturizer after the shower to improve your skin's hydration and texture.
Give it a try and let us know how you feel! You can pick up a Dry Brush at most local health stores.
*Click the photo to view it's source; images via MollySims