Awaken your best self this Valentines day February 14 2017
Awaken your best self this Valentines day
This Valentine's Day, nurture your most important relationship - the one you share with yourself! Self-love is imperative to looking and feeling like the best version of yourself. Always take care of yourself first before looking to take care of others.
We suggest doing something restorative for yourself at least once a day. This will help you feel nurtured and content throughout the week.
Here, founder Julie, shares a her personal self-love ritual she likes to do for herself each week to unwind, relax and rejuvenate.
- Prepare your space. I like to clean my tub with baking soda and castile soap before I have a bath. I then smudge with sage to get rid of any negative energy in the space, followed by burning sweet grass to bring in positive energy.
- Make a cup of tea. My favourite right now is lemon balm and nettle.
- Light some candles or incense to create a relaxing mood.
- Add 1 cup of bath salts to your water - sea salt, Himalayan salt and/or epsom salt work best.
- Add 1 tablespoon of our Lover's Oil to the bath water. *If you don't have any, you may add 1-3 drops of lavender, cedar wood, ylang ylang, or jasmine essential oils to a tsp of olive oil.
- Before getting into your bath, cleanse your face and apply Face Balm (for dry skin) or a Clay Mask (for oily skin). The steam from your warm bath will allow these products to work more effectively, so this is an especially great time to use them!
- I love applying an oil-mask treatment to my hair while I'm soaking in the bath. Brush your favourite oil through your hair (I like to use our Cleanser or Body Oil in my hair)
- Now you can get in the bath and truly relax! Let all your tension and stress sink away. Take several deep breaths - enjoy the beautiful scent that envelopes you, feeling it calm your nervous system and allows you to truly relax and recharge.
- Stay in the bath for as long as you like (min. 15 mins recommended).
- Once you are ready to get out, rinse yourself off in the shower - salt helps draw toxins out from the body, so you want to wash them off your skin. Wash your hair if you have applied oil to it, and use a natural/chemical-free shampoo for best results.
- Pat your skin dry and apply a beautiful serum + moisturizer to your face, and a body oil all over. Really massage these products in to allow for better absorption + hydration.
I always sleep so well after a bath! My body and mind are relaxed and I have let go of any tension that I was holding onto from the day. Taking a bath is a peaceful blessing, and it's such an easy thing that you can do for yourself to unwind.
What's your favourite way to relax + restore? Let us know in the comments below!