Make Your Own Strawberry Milk - Full Recipe August 21 2020
This summer there is an abundance of beautiful, local strawberries. As someone who loves summer produce, I may have overextended myself and now have a flat of strawberries filling up my fridge. I’ve been trying to come up with creative easy to use and preserve these berries before they spoil. While on a weekend drive I remembered one of my favourite road trip treats: strawberry milk!
This milk is deliciously creamy and full of nostalgia! I used cashews but I think you could easily substitute with almonds, hemp hearts, tahini or peanut butter. I like to have this milk in cereal or granola, over fresh berries in a smoothie or straight up in a chilled glass. Here's the recipe:
- ½ cup cashews* ( soaked in water overnight)
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and hulled
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Strain the soaked cashews into a high speed blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and 4 cups of cold, filtered water. Blend on high for 1 minute until smooth.
- Strain with a nut milk bag into a resealable vessel.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
*If using nut butter instead of whole nuts I suggest using 2 tbsp.